Deliver your content to your readers on every screen, everywhere with a fully customizable ePublishing Solution
Optimally manage and enhance your content and your advertisers’offerings through SmartEditions’ powerful back office analysis and reporting tools.
SmartEdition is a fully customizable ePublishing solution, built on PressDisplay.com technology. Today it powers over 1,000 branded digital editions (e.g. The Boston Globe and The Guardian) and applications, as well as regional newspaper and magazine digital kiosks (e.g. Kiosko y más and Kiosco La Nación).
SmartEdition’s platform-agnostic, open architecture ensures easy and fast integration with any third-party applications. And ND’s scalable, high performance, content processing capabilities results in time-to-market performance in 4 hours or less for all of its digital editions.
With SmartEdition, readers enjoy
- Instant access from any computer or mobile device
- An engaging and immersive reading experience online or off
- Advanced digital features, including translation, keyword search and sharing
While B2C and B2B publishers of any size or type, benefit from:
- App and other platform development (iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows tablets and smartphones)
- Ability to easily integrate with other applications
- Secure, audited, digital circulation
- A more cost-effective and environmentally-friendly Newspapers in Education (NIE) and employee distribution solution
- Elimination of printing and distribution costs
- No environmental waste
- Instant access to usage data with just a click
- A rich-media enhancement tool for both editorial and advertising content (Adget)
- Full hosting, ecommerce and payment processing
- Customer support management and technical support
- Advanced data analysis and reporting tools (Reading Map, AdValue Map)
Fully customizable, platform-agnostic, open architecture
- Available to your readers (e.g. online, offline, via branded apps on computers, tablets, smartphones and eReaders and through a custom aggregated solution)
- Flexible subscription options (trial offerings, free, discounted, pay-as-you-go, bundled with print, etc.)
- Additional advertising (embedded with a microsite advertising widget (Adget), sponsorships, etc)
- Enhanced with web and rich media updates (digital replica of your printed edition enriched with your online edition’s RSS feed, photos and video)
Branded app and platform development
Branded applications built using ND’s PressReader technology guarantee you that the moment a new iOS, Android, BlackBerry or Windows tablet, smartphone or eReader hits the market, your publications can be automatically made available on it for your subscribers to enjoy, without you lifting a finger.
Offering both replica and non-replica user reading experience and a wealth of innovative digital features, PressReader was voted the Best Newspaper App Ever for iOS in 2012.
With SmartEdition and PressReader, you have the luxury of giving your readers what they want – your content on every screen – without the costs associated with anywhere/anytime access. Not only will you save time and money by not having to develop applications for all the wealth of new devices hitting the market, you won’t have to negotiate contracts with all the different smartphone and tablet manufacturers.
ND has developed (and continues to develop) solid relationships with the world’s top device manufacturers including Samsung, Microsoft, BlackBerry, LG, HP, HTC, ASUS and Kobo, which pre-install PressReader on millions of smartphones and tablets around the globe. This is already an impressive list, but ND isn’t done yet; more agreements are in the works as the company continually innovates and grows relationships on behalf of its valued publishing parnters.
Innovative features and technology
SmartEdition apps powered by PressReader technology, embody our intense focus on enriching the reading experience for your subscribers. SmartEdition+PressReader take the replica experience on tablets to a whole new level - enhancing it with intelligent and intuitive content presentation capabilities that are designed to inspire readers to spend even more time enjoying their favorite publications. Capabilities such as:
- SmartFlow – a groundbreaking horizontal reading feature exclusive to PressReader on iOS and Android tablets
- Proprietary, high-performance PDF rendering
- SmartZoom – automatically and conveniently positions the user’s zoomed-in view to the beginning of the article they want to read
- Smart Press and Hold features including: sharing, searching, printing, audio and translation
Secure, audited, digital circulation
And because all SmartEditions are complete digital replicas of their original printed publication, each copy accessed by readers is considered audited circulation with international audit bureaus, as applicable.
A more cost-effective and environmentally-friendly NIE and employee distribution solution
It was a great concept in its time, but in today’s digital world, these paper-based programs are no longer practical for the younger generation who are connected, curious and environmentally-conscious.
SmartEdition offers a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly digital NIE solution to publishers through the online delivery of full digital replicas of printed edtions to schools the moment they are published.
With SmartEdition NIE, teachers have more ways to use your publications in their classroom, increasing readership and sharing of your content among students.
A rich-media enhancement platform
Adget-enhanced publications can contain an embedded video, audio, graphics and photo galleries to promote special offers from merchants or enhance editorial content. For advertisements, buttons or links allow the reader to click to transact with a merchant, enabling them to more conveniently interact with their local audiences, while publishers grow revenues from their ad-funded digital editions.
- Payment Processing
- Customer Support
- Technical Support
We invest time and money in your business, by:
- Providing consultation on best practices
- Collaborating on your marketing and PR campaigns
- Connecting you with strategic partners
- Staying ahead of the curve through continual innovation
- Sharing risks and rewards in a business model that favors the publisher
Let us show you how we can extend your IT department with an experienced and talented digital publishing team that delivers the following services: full hosting, payment acceptance, customer service management, and technical support - all at no operational cost to you.
Advanced reporting and support tools
- Reading Map: This revolutionary technology allows publishers to analyze reading patterns throughout their publications, gaining valuable insights into what elements of their publications are most, and least, read. Reading Map reports enable publishers to measure the impact of editorial content, layout and advertising on reading behavior, and use that intelligence to increase the value they provide to their readers and advertisers.
- Ad Value Map: Expanding on Reading Map technology, Ad Value Map calculates a value for each page in an issue, letting advertisers see the optimal pages on which to place ads in printed media in order to maximize their ad’s exposure and ROI.
- Customer Support Tool: Access to individual user data through the Customer Support Tool makes it easy to view/manage their subscription details, payment history and publication alerts.
Take the first step
Join over a thousand publishers worldwide who have confidently transitioned to digital with SmartEdition, and start reaching your readers wherever they are on whatever device they choose.
Contact us to learn more.