Today millions of readers from around the world are browsing digital editions of the world’s most prestigious publications without realizing that they are powered by NewspaperDirect’s SmartEdition technology.
SmartEdition is a fully customizable ePublishing solution, built on PressDisplay.com technology. Today it powers over 1,000 branded digital editions (e.g. The Washington Post and The Guardian) and applications, as well as regional newspaper and magazine digital kiosks (e.g. Kiosko y más and Kiosco La Nación).
SmartEditions deliver 100 percent of the content from our publishers’ printed editions in an engaging and immersive reading experience. Advanced digital features allow subscribers to:
- View publications online in full graphics or text
- Download issues for offline viewing on computers, tablets and smartphones
- Translate articles in up to 12 foreign languages
- Listen to publications read to them
- Search or monitor keywords across a publishers’ publications
- Share articles through email
- Post articles on social media sites (e.g. Blogs, Facebook and Twitter)
- Vote and comment on articles
- View picture galleries
- Print individual articles or pages
- Access back issues
Almost every week new SmartEditions are being released along with their PressReader-powered applications. An up-to-date list is always available on our publications page.